The Cannabis Control, Regulation and Taxation Act of 2010
- Allows people 21 years and older to possess, cultivate, or transport marijuana for personal use.
- Permits local government to regulate and tax commerical production, distribution, and sale of marijuana to people 21 years or older.
- Prohibits people from possessing marijuana on school grounds, using in public, or smoking it while minors are present.
- Maintains prohibitions against driving while impaired.
- Limits employers' ability to address marijuana use to situations where job performance is actually impaired.
Poll: More than half of U. S. supports legalizing pot
April 04, 2013
| KXTV - News Local Raju Chebium Gannett Washington Bureau WASHINGTON -- More than half of Americans favor legalizing marijuana, and support has grown among the young and the old, according to a...
Marijuana legalization raises safety questions
February 12, 2013
| KXTV - News Local DENVER (AP) - Marijuana may be coming out of the black market in Colorado and Washington state, but the drug, at least for now, will retain a decidedly underground feel:...
Could pot legalization spike tourism in CO, WA?
November 09, 2012
| KXTV - News Local Marijuana legalization votes this week in Colorado and Washington state do not just set up an epic state-federal showdown on drug law for residents. The measures also open the...
Pot, gay marriage, suicide among ballot- item topics
October 30, 2012
| KXTV - News Local NEW YORK (AP) - After all the economy-focused campaign talk, voters in some states will get a chance on Election Day to sound off on intriguing topics that the presidential rivals ignored, including death-penalty repeal, marijuana legalization ...